- What skills do you possess?
- What do you do well?
- How does your business differs from your competition?
- What areas could you improve?
- What skills do you lack?
- What should you avoid?
- What could you do better?
- Where do you see problems and concerns?
- Where do you perceive opportunities?
- What can you change or adapt to position yourself to take advantage of?
Below are some areas to consider as you work through the area of opportunity:
- Changes in technology and customers taste
- Changes in government policy or regulations
- Changes in social patterns, population, lifestyle, and economy
- Local, national, and global events
- What are your current challenges?
- What does the competition challenges you?
- Can your restaurant adapt tot he threats?
- Could technology replace or redefine your position as a viable restaurant?
- Are you uncomfortable with technology and its impact on your business?
- Do you have cash-flow problems?
Ask yourself the following:
- Now that I’ve determined my strengths, how can I use them to try best advantage?
- How can I use my strengths to address the threats or challenges I’ve identified?
- How can I address my identified weaknesses so that I can focus on opportunities?
- How to reduce and eliminate my weaknesses to address the threats?